Thursday, January 24, 2008

Le Sigh

I am teh evil person who has neglected to update their blog. Bite me.

As an interesting note, my local poetry group is doing this gig in February, in which you can read love, or anti-love poetry. I am slightly confused on this score---does this mean anti-LOVE poetry, or anti-love-POETRY? Same difference, I suppose, though I could probably complain more about love poetry, than love. Sadly, I have never fallen in love, despite the fact that I have diligently searched for someone I could fall in love with. What can I say, I'm picky!

And, what is love poetry about? Is love poetry really supposed to be about the person you are in love with, or is it about you, and how you can express your love in language? You know, the great exaltation of your love, you much you LOVELOVELOVE the person who are...in love with! As if love was a heroic exercise---like defeating a great enemy or something.

But, still...I enjoy love poetry that makes me fall in love, just a little, with the subject. I want to know that they're beautiful, even if they're not, I want to know their delicate charms, even if their charm lies in clumsiness, I want a little collections of facts that are totally irrelevant to love itself, but somehow seem to make it live.

1 comment: