Tuesday, May 15, 2007

TNIV Spotting!


On reflex, when reading a book that quotes the Bible, I check the copy right page, just to see what translation they're using (no need when the KJV is used, the Kings English can be spotted a mile away) and almost invariably, it is the NIV. The few exceptions are usually the NASB.


Imagine my surprise and delight when I turned to the copy right page of the book above....and saw that the TNIV was used!

The book itself was interesting and frustrating. Jarrett Stevens wrestles with our various misconceptions of God, and provides some tantalizing insight...but it feels like the book stopped short of an all out smack down, a real wrestling match with our doubts and fears and questions. I wanted Stevens to take names, and really Chuck Norris 'em. Still, it was a humorous, interesting Borders read---the type of book that's short enough for me to read in one Borders visit.

(The Message is also used in spots in the book)

Still, it was nice to make my very first TNIV spotting!

No comments: