Sunday, April 8, 2007

Pigma Micron---Perfect Bible/Moleskine Pen


Isn't it perfectly hideous and marvelous at the same time? I picked up a Pigma Micron yesterday, size 03, and have been perfectly thrilled with it. I've used it in my fire engine red TNIV, and despite the fact that the paper is very thin (to keep the Bible under an inch thick) there has been NO bleed through. Yes, there's 'ghosting'--you can see it on the other side, but no ugly blotches, or anything. I expect it would be even better with higher quality paper.

It writes very smoothly, giving you the sensation of writing with an ordinary gel or Pilot pen (I call them "inky pens" although that is perfectly idiotic, considering that every pen is inky) without any of those sudden, uncomfortable scratchy feelings, or blots on your finger-tips. Although, since this gives me a delightfully self satisfied feeling (the ink blots) I may pick up my spluttery Pilot once in awhile.

It looks exactly like the type of pen that will last FOREVER. I certainly hope that it shall. (It writes very well in a Moleskine, by the way, it's pure, smooth, ecstasy.)

5 comments:

Dan said...

I carefully tried the Micron on my ESV journaling Bible. No bleed through! I'll still need to try it on my thinline TNIV. There is fear and trepidation!

I don't use a Moleskine, but a "Ru" Journal (from Xonex). The Micron is great on that paper as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

Prince Asbel said...

This kind of pen writes too much like a marker. It takes a lot of adjusting to and is expensive too. Personally, I'll take my perfectly plain, fake leather, blue bound, large print King James Version Bible with the words of christ in red and stick to ancient technology such as normal ballpoint pens that don't bleed through at all.

So there! Mleh!

R. Mansfield said...

I discovered Pigma Micron pens in the last year, and have been experimenting with point sizes. I started at a 05 then went to a 03 and I think I've settled on a 01 for writing in my Bible.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What about Moleskine and Bible?

check out moleskineBible.com ~
buy NKJV small Moleskine Bibles, or get the materials to make your own ~